On this episode of the Psychedelic Parenting Podcast, we talk with Dr. Neal Goldsmith, clinical psychologist and author of Psychedelic Healing: The Power of Entheogens for Psychotherapy and Spiritual Development. Neal is also the father of a 16 year-old-son and the Speaker Curator and MC for the Horizons: Perspectives on Psychedelics conference, which will be held this weekend, Friday-Sunday October 9-11 in New York City, where your humble webmaster will be speaking on the topic of “Reclaiming Religious Freedom and Family Values.” Neal will also be speaking on the topic of “Psychedelics and Death: A Brief Introduction”.
During this conversation, Neal discusses his own history with Psychedelics, how an experience with LSD in middle age awakened his own understanding of how we are shaped by childhood interactions and how they can be a powerful tool for uncovering the true self. He also discusses his own experiences as a dad, and how he “came out” to his son as a cannabis user.
Websites and topics covered in this podcast:
- Horizons: Perspectives on Psychedelics
- Personal/Professional website of Dr. Neal Goldsmith
- Psychedelic Healing: The Promise of Entheogens for Psychotherapy and Spiritual Development (at Powell’s)
- More information on “Nesting Agreements:”
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- It’s Just A Plant (at Powell’s)
- Erowid.org: Documenting the Complex Relationship Between Humans and Psychoactives